Northern Virginia Land Use Attorneys
Real estate is a key driver of the DC-metro economy, and no one knows that better than Odin, Feldman & Pittleman. For more than four decades, our Northern Virginia commercial real estate lawyers have built a solid reputation for structuring, facilitating and closing deals tailored to the client’s specific needs.
Our clients benefit from knowledgeable and experienced legal representation that pulls their needs into clear focus. We understand the business of real estate and use that knowledge to manage all of the intricacies of today’s complex real estate transactions. Whether you are a developer needing assistance with buying or re-zoning a parcel of land, an entrepreneur seeking a lease for your business, or an owner looking to sell or finance your property, our real estate and land use attorneys have the skill you need to protect and grow your interests.
Our clients rely on us to effectively maximize yield on vital business assets, identify and manage risk, and advise on complex legal issues. We work with clients handling all forms of commercial real estate development, transactions and leasing in Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C. Representative transactions include acquisition and sale to financing, entitlement, development, construction and leasing.
We represent clients in varied commercial real estate matters including:
- Purchase and Sale Contracts, Due Diligence Review, and Coordination of Closings
- Real Estate Financing
- Land Use Planning and Zoning Matters, including Subdivision and Site Plan Approval
- Commercial Leasing for Office, Retail and Industrial Space
- Condominium Formation and Representation
- Owners Association Formation and Governance
- Easements, Covenants, and Licenses
- Title and Survey Matters
- Real Estate Tax Appeals
- Permit Issuance and Bond Release
- Construction, Contractor, and Architectural Agreements
- Workouts and Foreclosures
- Represented borrower in $75 million commercial mortgage-backed securities loan transaction
- Represented owner-tenant in 10,000 square foot medical office sale and leaseback to major regional national health care provider
- Represented Landlord in 20,000 square foot office lease to Fortune 500 technology and communications company
- Representing rising real estate investment company, advising on and establishing new business structures and managing ongoing transactions as the company grows and attracts local, national, and international investors
- Represent landowners in condemnation negotiations and eminent domain proceedings (such as the following projects: Hotlanes, I-66 widening, Rt. 28 widening, Fairfax County Parkway, Columbia Gas).
- Negotiate and draft historical preservation and open space/conservation easements acceptable to the Virginia Department of Historical Resources, the American Battlefield Protection Program and the Land Trust of Virginia
- Represented purchaser in acquisition of retail shopping center in Fairfax
- Represented owner in the acquisition and development of three office buildings in Fairfax City and Fairfax and Loudoun counties, including obtaining rezoning, special exception approval, site plan approval and building permits
- Represented government contractor in lease of 40,000 square foot high security office space
- Participated as counsel and as a principal in the rezoning, land development, site plan and subdivision approval for a 106-acre industrial park