Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights Attorneys Located In The Washington Metropolitan Region
Odin Feldman Pittleman‘s Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights attorneys develop solutions to address any commercial financial and credit problem. We also advise:
- financially strong companies and lenders that have dealings with distressed companies as their business counterparts;
- those looking for opportunities in acquiring distressed assets;
- or those that find themselves ensnared in bankruptcy claims and litigation.
Our experience and perspective enables us to assist our clients in devising creative, efficient and cost-effective solutions to the complex problems that arise in any stressed commercial transaction, either in or out of bankruptcy, with specialized expertise in the restructuring of debts outside of—and without the need for—a formal bankruptcy filing.
The insolvency professionals at OFP offer a full range of insolvency services to all parties in the process. We represent trustees and debtors in possession and bring a unique perspective to any of the initial considerations of entering any business deal. We maintain our focus on the viability and enforcement of any transactional documents and recovery of the investment in the event of a subsequent default or financial challenge.
Our Experience Includes:
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Liquidation
- Representation of Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustees
- Financial Restructuring
- Out-of-Court Workouts and Turnarounds
- Loan Refinancing and Forbearance Agreements
- Bankruptcy Asset Sales
- Bankruptcy Appeals
- Contract and Lease Disputes
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Chapter 15 Bankruptcy Cross-Border Cases
- Preferential Transfer Litigation
- Fraudulent Transfer Litigation
- Impact of Financial Distress and Bankruptcy on Individual Department of Defense Security Clearances
- Representative liquidating trustee in $14 million judgment against airline based in the People’s Republic of China resulting in settlement and full payment to all creditors.
- Acted as counsel to a Chapter 11 trustee in recovery of an extensive real estate portfolio acquired by a Chapter 11 debtor as a result of massive loan fraud.
- Represented creditor in successful objection to confirmation of plan, sustained with prejudice, in a contested bench trial in the Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Obtained judgment for creditor in contested bench trial in the Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia and declaration that the judgment was not dischargeable in bankruptcy based on the debtor’s fraud.
- Best Law Firms, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law (Tier 1), Washington, DC, National, (Tier 2), National 2022-2023