Odin Feldman Pittleman, uses a team-oriented approach when working with emerging companies in Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C., and across the United States. Combining the experience from our corporate, intellectual property, tax, employment, real estate and finance practice areas allows us to approach our client’s issues with a practical understanding of their business needs. This team approach gives our clients the flexibility to call on a number of attorneys who are familiar with their products, services, technology and business model. We also have working relationships with venture capitalists and other capital sources and can make introductions where appropriate.
We understand the strategic and tactical decisions made by our client’s management and board of directors, and we frequently complement their management team by serving as a “virtual” general counsel, acting as a senior member of the management team, and participating in board-level discussions.
Our Experience Includes The Following:
- Drafting various business agreements, such as voting and buy-sell agreements for foreign and domestic clients
- Structuring investment and business partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations
- Advising clients on domestic and foreign tax issues and on all aspects of tax procedure and tax compliance
- Negotiating real estate purchases, sales and leases
- Advising employers on pensions, profit-sharing and other qualified deferred compensation plans, as well as other employee benefits such as cafeteria plans and stock options
- Providing crucial guidance on financing and growth strategies
- Structuring practices and policies involving the development and acquisition of intellectual property and its commercial exploitation
- Structuring acquisitions and sales of businesses through asset sales, stock sales, mergers and other methods