We seek an experienced Billing Specialist to join our Accounting Department. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a two-year Accounting/Finance degree or comparable work experience. Minimum of four years law firm billing experience is strongly preferred. In addition, we seek a candidate with advanced working knowledge of all modules of law firm accounting software, advanced knowledge of accounting terminology and billing functions, and functional expertise in Microsoft Office.
The Billing Specialist will work closely with the attorneys, assistants, timekeepers, clients and the accounting department to ensure accurate and timely billing in accordance with the firm’s billing policy and procedure. May also perform a variety of other accounting and bookkeeping duties according to the billing policy and procedure. Maintains professional oral and written communication and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters. Job requirements include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Perform full-cycle billing functions.
- Generates pre-bills based on attorney billable fees and client costs/expenses.
- Review and edit pre-bills per the attorney or secretary requests.
- Apply retainer funds, perform write-offs, transfer billable time, adjust bill rate and other pre-bill adjustments.
- Prepare bills and cover letters for billing to client by mail or email.
- Process complex billing requirements efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to manage a large volume of bills per month.
- Post and maintain billing files.
- Process credit card payments.
- Research and respond to billing inquiries with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Perform report requests.
- Prepare spreadsheets and other supporting billing documentation.
- Monitor accounts receivable aging and communicate to the attorney any billing or late-payment concerns.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Detailed oriented, ability to be thorough, consistent and maintain a high quality of work.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Click here to learn more about the firm.
Odin, Feldman & Pittleman, P.C. maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity. All decisions related to employment are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classifications protected by applicable law. Our commitment to equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, benefits, compensation, working conditions, promotion, demotion, transfer, training, and termination