Odin, Feldman & Pittleman’s Corporate Governance attorneys assist clients in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area and throughout the United States with compliance with federal and state regulations including Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC rules, and stock exchange standards. We also counsel privately held companies and nonprofits on best practices for their corporate governance based on experience working with public companies.
The legal services we provide include:
- Ensuring compliance with the rules of the Securities Exchange Commission and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Drafting Charter for Audit, Nominating, Governance, and Compensation Committees; Code of Ethics, and Statement of Principles of Corporate Governance
- Advising directors of their fiduciary responsibilities
- Counseling on executive compensation and succession planning
- Preparing proxy statements for annual meetings and special meetings
We also have experience in mergers and acquisitions and initial public offerings. Teaming with attorneys from our Litigation practice area, we can provide representation in litigation matters as well as crisis management.