Reston law firm seeks a high-energy paralegal with at least 3 years paralegal experience in trust and estate administration and estate planning. Qualified applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, and a paralegal certificate is preferred. Professionalism, resourcefulness, and a strong work ethic are essential. While not intended to be an exhaustive list, a qualified candidate will have the experience to perform the following key duties for this job:
- Estate and trust administration in the jurisdictions of Virginia, Maryland, and District of Columbia, including reviewing the will/trust, analyzing it considering the known financial and family situation, researching statutes and case law in those jurisdictions and drafting agreements and other legal documents necessary in complex administrations.
- Proficiency filing legal documents with the courts including all important tax documents.
- Experience with the probate process, including inventories and accounting.
- Estate planning for high-net-worth individuals, including drafting, reviewing, and analyzing estate-planning documents and assisting clients with the entire process of funding trusts.
- Clear, concise, and correct communication, both oral and written, at an appropriate level to the situation and the client including beneficiary and heir notifications.
- Experience keeping records organized including all case files, documents and correspondence.
Applicant must be highly organized, computer literate and an initiative-taker with a strong desire to support and facilitate a fast-paced practice with significant client contact. Salary is commensurate with experience together with a generous benefits package. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Click here to learn more about the firm.
OFP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.