Ellen Sharpe believes most commercial real estate transactions should be a win-win situation. Her approach involves common-sense solutions and the ability to see down the road for her clients. Ellen’s practice encompasses all areas of commercial real estate, including representing buyers and sellers in the acquisition, sale, and financing of raw and improved commercial property. Ellen is a LEED accredited professional, and she leverages her knowledge of efficient building design and operation to achieve the best results for her clients in today’s changing real estate landscape.
She represents both landlords and tenants in office, industrial, retail, and ground leasing, and represents both lenders and borrowers in real estate finance transactions. She has worked with property owners and investors, trade and non-profit associations, homebuilders, office and retail developers, lenders, and all types of businesses in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area regarding the disposition and financing of commercial property. Ellen’s practice also focuses on development law, including the creation and administration of condominiums, mixed-use projects, shopping centers, and planned unit developments. She has also acted as an arbitrator in commercial lease disputes.
Ellen was recognized among Virginia’s 2008 “Legal Elite” in Virginia Business magazine. She lives in Arlington, Virginia with her husband and two sons.
- J.D., George Mason University School of Law, 1997
- B.A., magna cum laude, James Madison University, 1990
- District of Columbia
- Real Estate Transactions
- Real Estate Developments
- Commercial Lease Dispute Arbitration
- Condominium and Planned Unit Development
- 2019, Arlington magazine's Top Attorneys - Real Estate
- 2017 & 2020, Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” - Real Estate/Land Use
- 2008, Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” - Young Lawyer
- Virginia Bar Association
- D.C. Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) DC
- Public Art Reston
- Board Member