Sara Sakagami is a seasoned lawyer whose representative clients encompass a wide range of companies, professional partnerships, and business organizations from a variety of industries, as well as corporate executives and entrepreneurs. Sara provides comprehensive trial advocacy and employment counseling to her clients.
Over the past decade, Sara has zealously represented her clients’ best interests in numerous federal and state court cases involving employment claims brought under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (“ADEA”) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”), as well as in cases involving intellectual property disputes, contract counts, constitutional claims, and white collar criminal defense.
Sara is a comprehensive legal advocate to her clients. Her significant experience litigating inside the courtroom in turn enables her to efficiently counsel her clients outside of the courtroom, including through effective risk mitigation strategies, compliance policies, employment manuals, and contracts.
Sara has been recognized as a Rising Star by Virginia and DC Super Lawyers since 2013 and 2014, respectively. She is a native of Tokyo, Japan, and is fluent in Japanese.
- J.D., Washington and Lee University Law School, 2006
- B.S., Psychology, University of California, San Diego, 2002
- Washington, D.C.
- Employment Law
- Labor & Employment Litigation
- 2013 - 2016, Virginia Super Lawyers — Rising Star — Commercial Litigation
- 2014 - 2016, D.C. Super Lawyers — Rising Star — Commercial Litigation
- 2018 - 2019, Virginia Super Lawyers — Rising Star — Employment Litigation: Defense
- 2018 - 2019, D.C. Super Lawyers — Rising Star — Employment Litigation: Defense
- June 24, 2015: Ethics Seminar, Air Line Pilots Association, Annual CLE Seminar, Herndon, VA
- November 5, 2015: Ethics Seminar, NAPABA Annual Convention, New Orleans, LA
- November 3, 2016: Ethics Seminar, NAPABA Annual Convention, San Diego, CA
- General Counsel, Asia Pacific American Bar Association of Virginia
- Chair, ,Solo/Small Firm Committee, Asian Pacific American Bar Association of D.C.
- Board Member, Northern Virginia Chapter, Virginia Women Attorneys Association of Virginia
- Chair, Solo/Small Firm Network Committee, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)