Tom is a Shareholder of Odin, Feldman & Pittleman, and has been practicing for over 19 years. Tom believes that his accessibility, responsiveness, and common-sense practical solutions are the keys to his building successful relationships with his clients. He also believes that his background as a former CPA differentiates him from other lawyers, and helps him better understand his client’s businesses, goals and problems so that he can deliver cost-effective, practical advice to them.
Tom focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, entity formation, corporate governance and general business and tax matters. He advises established and early-stage companies in a wide range of business transactions and has particular experience working on transactions in the healthcare, professional services, government contracting, information technology, and construction industries.
Tom lives in Leesburg, Virginia, with his wife and five children. When not working, he can be found on the lacrosse fields of Loudoun County watching his five children play.
- J.D., with Honors, George Mason University School of Law, 1998
- B.S., Accounting, Virginia Tech, 1992
- Mergers and acquisitions structures and strategies
- Company sale and purchase transactions
- Entity formation, succession planning and corporate divorces
- Tax planning
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Corporate governance; particularly shareholder buy-sell agreements
- General commercial contracts
- General corporate counsel
- Representation of professional services firm in a $20 million sale to a national concern
- Representation of the owners of a building trade company on its $25 million sale in a national roll-up transaction
- Representation of the owners of a publishing company on its $24+ million sale
- Representation of the owners of a government contractor technology company on its $125+ million sale to a national concern
- Representing the owners of a ready-mix concrete company on its $39+ million sale
- Representing the owners of a coin-operated laundry company on its $43+ million sale to a national concern
- Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” — Corporate Counsel (2017) Business Law (2008 and 2015), Young Lawyer (2006)
- SmartCEO magazine’s Legal Elite Go-To Business Attorneys in 2009
- Fairfax Bar Association, Tax Law Section & Corporate Law Section
- Formerly a Certified Public Accountant
- Council Member for the Business Law Section of the Virginia Bar Association