Kevin Oliveira applies a scientific method when solving his clients’ problems. This approach, which grows from his MIT background in science and technology, allows him to carefully understand his clients. Key to his approach, Kevin poses questions to find details that lead to individualized solutions. His practice focuses on Technology and Intellectual Property Law, Corporate, and Government Contract Law.
Kevin assists technology companies and clients on intellectual property issues, including copyrights and trade secrets, as well as corporate governance, employment and compensation matters, and asset management. Kevin counsels individuals, private companies, and publicly held companies in a wide range of business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, joint ventures, franchising, international and domestic distribution and marketing, and distribution agreements.
He also works with enterprises doing business with the U.S. Government and its agencies, assisting them in working under government contracts and maintaining and securing rights in ideas and intellectual property. He also advises institutions in highly regulated industries, including franchise operations, hospitality services, and alcoholic beverage control.
In 2006, 2008, 2009, 2013 and 2015, Kevin was named one of Virginia’s “Legal Elite” for Intellectual Property by Virginia Business magazine.
J.D., College of William & Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, 1993
- Managing Editor, Administrative Law Review, 1992-1993
- S.B., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
- Business Counseling
- Intellectual Property Counseling
- Trademark Selection, Clearance & Counseling
- Copyright Counseling
- Patent Counseling
- Trade Secret Counseling
- Domestic & International Trademark & Copyright Registration
- Franchises & Franchising
- Software & Technology Licensing
- Confidentiality & Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Advertising & Marketing
- Sweepstakes & Lotteries
- Entertainment Law
- Commercial Law
- 2019, Arlington magazine's Top Attorneys - Intellectual Property
- 2006, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2020, Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” – Intellectual Property
- American Bar Association
- International Trademark Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Business Alliance of George Mason University
- Fairfax Bar Association
- MIT Club of Washington, D.C.