Pamela Morand (formerly known as Pamela Buskirk), who is also a Certified Public Accountant, leverages her accounting experience, and her knowledge of the law when working with her estate planning clients. Reassuring in her approach, Pam takes time to understand her clients’ needs and to clearly explain her recommendations and course of action.
Pam’s practice focuses on estate and tax planning, the administration of estates and trusts, and related issues involving the gift tax, estate tax, and generation-skipping transfer tax. She advises clients on charitable giving; asset protection and wealth preservation; business continuation and succession planning; and the formation of private foundations family limited partnerships, limited liability companies, and various other entities.
Pam was selected for inclusion as a Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Star in Estate & Probate from 2015-2017 and a Washington, D.C. Rising Star in 2015 and 2017. She was also the featured attorney among the Taxes/Estates/Trusts/Elder Law attorneys named to the 2015 “Legal Elite”, a listing published annually by Virginia Business magazine.
- J.D., Wake Forest University, 2007
- B.S., University of Virginia, McIntire School of Commerce, 1999
- District of Columbia
- U. S. Tax Court
- Trusts & Estates
- Estate Planning
- Estate and Gift Tax
- Administration of Trusts and Estates
- Asset Protection Planning & Wealth Preservation Planning
- 2015-2017 Virginia Super Lawyers – Rising Star – Estate & Probate
- 2015, 2017 Washington D.C. Super Lawyers – Rising Star – Estate & Probate
- 2015 “Legal Elite”, Virginia Business magazine — Taxes/Estates/Trusts/Elder Law
- Virginia Bar Association
- Fairfax Bar Association, Trust and Estates Section
- Society of Financial Service Professionals, National Capital Chapter
- Board of Directors
- Pro Bono
- Wills on Wheels
- Student Mentor, Fairfax County Public Schools, Dogwood Elementary