Pamela Morand (formerly known as Pamela Buskirk) leverages her accounting background as a former Certified Public Accountant with her legal experience when working with her clients. Reassuring in her approach, Pam takes the time to listen to her clients’ needs and goals when discussing and implementing solutions because she understands that each client’s situation is unique.
Pam’s practice focuses on estate and tax planning, the administration of estates and trusts, and related issues involving the gift tax, estate tax, and generation-skipping transfer tax. She advises clients with respect to the creation and implementation of simple and complex estate plans; asset protection and wealth preservation; business succession planning; incapacity planning; charitable giving; and the formation of private foundations, family limited partnerships, limited liability companies, and various other entities. She also counsels fiduciaries and beneficiaries in the probate and trust administration process.
Pam has been recognized as a “Legal Elite” lawyer by Virginia Business Magazine and as a “Rising Star” by Virginia and Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers.
In her free time, Pam can be found hiking with her husband, daughter, and two dogs or running, biking, swimming, and competing in triathlons, marathons, and other road races.
- J.D., Wake Forest University, 2007
- B.S., University of Virginia, McIntire School of Commerce, 1999
- District of Columbia
- U. S. Tax Court
- Trusts & Estates
- Estate Planning
- Estate and Gift Tax
- Administration of Trusts and Estates
- Asset Protection Planning
- Wealth Preservation Planning
- 11 Life Events that Tell You It’s Time to Get A Will, DoughRoller ( May 1, 2017 )
- Who Should Your IRA Go To If You Die?, DoughRoller ( April 1, 2016 )
- IRA Beneficiary Designations Stretch or Shorten Payout Period, Estate Planning Magazine ( February 1, 2011 )
- 2015-2017, Virginia Super Lawyers – Rising Star – Estate & Probate
- 2015, 2017, Washington D.C. Super Lawyers – Rising Star – Estate & Probate
- 2015, 2019, Virginia Business magazine “Legal Elite” — Taxes/Estates/Trusts/Elder Law
- Virginia Bar Association
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Trust and Estates Section
- Society of Financial Service Professionals, National Capital Chapter
- President: 2018 – present
- Board of Directors: 2012 – present
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Estate and Trust Section
- Northern Virginia Estate Planning Council
- Washington, DC Estate Planning Council
- Gabriel Homes, Inc.
- Board of Directors: 2017 – present
- Wills on Wheels
- Student Mentor, Fairfax County Public Schools, Dogwood Elementary