Clients depend on Jim for practical strategies, creative problem solving, and candid, bottom-line advice at all stages of litigation.
Drawing on his experience as a former law clerk in a fast-paced Virginia trial court, Jim partners with his clients to help them navigate complex legal disputes and reach productive solutions aligned with their specific objectives. In particular, Jim represents businesses, entrepreneurs, and professionals in breach of contract, trade secrets, and unfair competition litigation. He also advocates on behalf of government contractors seeking to resolve disputes that arise during the performance of federal contracts. Jim often advises his clients about issues at the intersection of law and technology, including responses to cybersecurity and data breach incidents.
Jim takes a personal interest in his clients, their values, and their long-term goals. He looks beyond the litigation and challenges at hand to help them plan for and achieve continued success.
J.D., cum laude, Wake Forest University School of Law, 2015
- Wake Forest Journal of Business and Intellectual Property Law
- Moot Court Board
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Trial Practice, Business Litigation, Civil Procedure II, Agency, Criminal Procedure Survey
- B.A., University of Virginia, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Government Contracts
- Co-Chair, Fairfax Bar Association Government Contracts Section