Will Halliday counsels companies through all stages of their growth, from initial formation to exit transaction. He advises his clients on a wide variety of corporate and securities transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, and equity and debt financings. Will also assists his clients with corporate governance, start-up and entity formation, and general corporate issues. Will has worked with companies operating in a variety of industries, including technology, healthcare, real estate and financial services.
Will leverages his prior experience in investment banking to better understand and successfully accomplish his clients’ goals as they undertake strategic and capital-raising transactions. He also understands the demands and pressures that founders, owners and managers face as they start and run their businesses, particularly as they need additional capital, face strategic decisions, or evaluate exit opportunities. He responds promptly to his clients’ needs and thrives on being a valued legal partner to his clients.
Prior to joining OF&P, Will was an associate in the Washington, D.C. office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. Will received his Juris Doctor and Bachelor of Arts degrees from the University of Virginia. Before attending law school, Will worked in Citigroup’s Corporate & Investment Bank in New York City.
Select Representations – Mergers & Acquisitions:
- Advised a veterinary practice in its $41 million sale
- Advised a technology company in its $20 million sale
- Advised a commercial HVAC company in its $25 million sale
- Advised a waste hauling company in its $445 million sale
- Advised a metal fabrication company in its $12 million sale
- Advised a government contractor in its $22 million sale
- Advised a group of minority shareholders of a technology company during its $180 million sale
Select Representations – Equity and Debt Financings:
- Advised a real estate developer raising $2.1 million through a Class A financing round
- Advised a healthcare company in its $5 million term loan recapitalization
- Advised a real estate investor on securities matters related to its $6.8 million equity financing
- Advised an investor making a $7.5 million investment in the Series A round of a technology company
- Advised an investor regarding its $750,000 loan to a technology company
J.D., University of Virginia, 2013
- Editorial Board, Virginia Environmental Law Journal
B.A., University of Virginia, 2007
- Phi Beta Kappa, Echols Scholar
- District Of Columbia
- Historic Boardwalk Hall and the Substance-Over-Form Doctrine, Inside Basis ( October 3, 2013 )
- 2018 "Legal Elite", Virginia Business Magazine - Young Lawyer (Under 40)