David Gutkowski is practical, results-driven, and fully vested in his clients’ interests. His background in finance gives him a service-oriented perspective, providing him insight to help his clients meet their goals. David’s practice focuses on assisting companies and individuals forge solutions through litigation, alternative dispute resolution, or negotiation. David has a varied commercial litigation practice that allows him to handle sophisticated matters in state and federal courts in multiple jurisdictions, as well as provide clients assistance in dealing with a variety of business transactions where his experience as a commercial litigator provides a unique perspective.
David also focuses his practice on assisting the firm’s clients with construction contract and litigation issues. He has represented owners and contractors in all phases in the construction process, from drafting of the initial contract to dispute resolution and the filing and prosecuting of mechanics liens.
When away from the office, David spends his time helping his better half play zone defense against their three children. He initiated and spearheads the firm’s mentorship program with Fairfax County Public Schools.
- J.D., cum laude, George Mason University School of Law, 2006
- B.S., Finance, Boston College, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Contracts, Claims and Disputes
- Commercial Transactions
- Trust and Estate Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” 2010 – Young Lawyer; 2017 – Construction
- 2012 – 2015 Virginia Super Lawyers – Rising Star – Business Litigation
- 2014 – 2015 Washington D.C. Super Lawyers – Rising Star – Business Litigation
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Fairfax County Public Schools, Mentor
- Helped to spearhead the firm’s involvement with Helping Hungry Kids
- Volunteer Program Youth Basketball Coach—Chantilly Youth Association