Michelle DiCintio is the chair of the firm’s government contracts practice and is a member of the firm’s corporate practice. In addition to working at law firms, Michelle spent several years in corporations. This corporate experience gives her a unique understanding of, and insight into, the issues, challenges, and general day-to-day business operations of companies, allowing her to provide clients with not only legal guidance, but also practical business-oriented solutions.
Michelle has more than 20 years of experience counseling both established and early-stage companies in all types of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, finance, commercial and government contracting matters, as well as corporate governance, compliance and policy development and general employment issues.
Michelle started her legal career working for large national law firms (Dechert LLP, Dickstein Shapiro LLP, & Jenner & Block). She then served as VP and Associate General Counsel at General Dynamics, one of the largest defense contractors in the world, and then as SVP and General Counsel for Serco, a government contractor serving the federal IT services market.
In addition to being committed to the needs of her clients, Michelle is committed to her community where she serves on the board of a local not-for-profit as well as volunteering her time for several other organizations.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1993
- B.A., University of Redlands, 1990
- District of Columbia
- Business Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Government Contracts
- Corporate Governance
- Employment Issues
- New Cybersecurity Standards For Federal Contractors ( December 1, 2017 )
- Sole Source Authority for Women-Owned Small Businesses ( November 17, 2015 )
- Importance of Making Sure Your Corporate Status is Up to Date ( September 25, 2015 )
- Top 5 Tips for Successfully Selling Your Government Contracting Business ( May 14, 2015 )
- Big Changes Coming to the SBA’s Women-Owned Small Business Program ( May 14, 2015 )
- Tips for Success in the Current M&A Environment ( March 26, 2014 )
- New Labor Regulations Regarding Veterans and Disability ( March 23, 2014 )
- 2019, Arlington magazine's Top Attorneys - Government Contracts
- 2015-2016, 2018, “Legal Elite”, Virginia Business magazine — Corporate Counsel
- February 2018: Five Tips for Getting the Greatest Value When You Sell Your Business
- July 2018: Lessons Learned From GovCon Deal Warriors
- January 2018: Exit Planning – How to Grow your Business for Value, not (just) Income, Seminar
- November 2017: Let’s Talk Tax: Start Thinking about the Exit, Seminar
- April 2016: Special Issues to Consider When Buying or Selling a Government Contractor, Seminar
- March 2015: Breaking the Small Business Barrier – Strategies that Work, Semina
- July 2014: The Shareholder Shakeup: From Business Pre-Nup to Breakup, Webinar
- American Bar Association, Business Section
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce
- Small and Emerging Contractors Advisory Forum (SECAF)