Jennifer Banks is a shareholder at Odin, Feldman & Pittleman and a member of the real estate practice group.
Jennifer makes it a hallmark of her practice to zealously guard clients’ interests while attaining their business objectives. Her strong negotiating strategy moves each transaction toward closing in a cost effective, practical way. She works to understand each party’s underlying goals, and uses knowledge, experience, and creativity to overcome any obstacle.
Jennifer provides over 15 years’ experience in all areas of commercial real estate transactions and dispute resolution, including purchase and sale, leasing (office, retail, condominiums, warehouse, mixed use, ranging from 900 square feet to over 20,000 square feet), lending, due diligence, development work, business formation, corporate governance, and corporate transactions work.
- J.D., cum laude, George Mason University School of Law, 1997
B.A. Economics, Bucknell University, 1991
- Academic Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- cum laude
- United States Bankruptcy Court
- Commercial Real Estate
- Purchase and Sale
- Real Estate Business
- Formation Corporate Governance
- Represented borrower in $25 million commercial mortgage-backed securities loan transaction
- Represented joint venture partner in $7.5 million deal (property purchase, development agreements, and both purchase and construction loans to develop over 60 single family units)
- Represented Landlord in 10,000 square foot medical office lease to fortune 500 national health care company
- Represented Landlord in 20,000 square foot office/lab/warehouse lease to fortune 500 technology and communications company
- Representing rising real estate investment company, advising on and establishing new business structures and managing ongoing transactions as the company grows and attracts local, national, and international investors
- September 2014: Resolving Real Estate Related Disputes in Virginia, National Business Institute
- Member of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Northern Virginia
- Fairfax County Public Schools
- Braddock Road Youth Club Football
- Odyssey of the Mind
- Second Chance Employment Services – pro bono counsel to organization that leads victims of domestic violence and human trafficking to lasting freedom via career counseling and placement in long term, meaningful employment positions.