For decades, Lars Anderson has focused his legal practice on helping small- and mid-sized businesses to navigate the complex world of government contracting. From resolving bid protests and disputes to helping clients stay abreast of changing internal procedures and regulatory requirements including compliance with SBA regulations, Lars’ comprehensive understanding of how to build and maintain effective working relationships with Federal government customers delivers maximum benefit for his clients.
His client list spans myriad industries, including IT services, construction, maritime operations, manufacturing, and military training simulation.
Lars served as a member of the Office of General Counsel for the Department of the Navy for 15 years, and received the U.S. Navy’s Distinguished Civilian Service Award.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1970
- B.S., University of Virginia, 1967
- District of Columbia
- Government Contracts
- Support Services
- IT Services
- Travel Services
Lars has a long track record of success prosecuting and defending bid protests before government agencies, including the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, and the Government Accountability Office as well as prosecuting and defending claims and disputes before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA) and Civilian Board of Contract Appeals (CBCA).
- Reclaiming a five-year DOD contract for a client through bid protests at GAO.
- Securing long term travel service contracts through bid protests at U.S. Court of Federal Claims (COFC)
- Prosecuting and defending small business size protests, including one that netted his client a $170-million IT contract.
- Prosecuting an administrative patent infringement claim against the Navy, resulting in a favorable settlement for the patent owner and substantial royalties.
- Converting Terminations for Default to Terminations for the Convenience of the Government.
- Recovering full legal costs on successful COFC protest in case of first impression.
- Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” 2016-2017 – Legislative, Regulatory and Administrative
- U.S. Navy Distinguished Civilian Service Award
- 20101207: “Ensuring Compliance in a Post-GTSI Environment: Lessons for Small and Large Businesses,” hosted by Venable LLP,” hosted by Venable LLP
- 20130413: Government Contracts Symposium
- 20140410: Government Contracts Symposium