For decades, Lars Anderson has focused his legal practice on helping small- and mid-sized businesses to navigate the complex world of government contracting. His comprehensive understanding of how to build and maintain effective working relationships with Federal government customers delivers maximum benefit for his clients. This experience includes responding to solicitations, creating Mentor-Protégé relationships, resolving bid protests and disputes to helping clients stay abreast of changing internal procedures and regulatory requirements including compliance with SBA and Buy America regulations.
His client list spans myriad industries, including IT services, travel, construction, maritime operations, manufacturing, and military training simulation.
Lars served as a member of the Office of General Counsel for the Department of the Navy for 15 years and received the U.S. Navy’s Distinguished Civilian Service Award.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1970
- B.S., University of Virginia, 1967
- District of Columbia
- Government Contracts
- Support Services
- IT Services
- Travel Services
Lars has a long track record of success prosecuting and defending bid protests before government agencies, including the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, and the Government Accountability Office as well as prosecuting and defending claims and disputes before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals (ASBCA) and Civilian Board of Contract Appeals (CBCA).
- Reclaiming a five-year DOD contract for a client through bid protests at GAO.
- Securing long-term travel service contracts through bid protests at U.S. Court of Federal Claims (COFC).
- Prosecuting and defending small-business size protests, including one that netted his client a $170-million IT contract.
- Prosecuting an administrative patent infringement claim against the Navy, resulting in a favorable settlement for the patent owner and substantial royalties.
- Converting Terminations for Default to Terminations for the Convenience of the Government.
- Assisting in arranging prime/sub contracts and resolving disputes between primes and subs that also involve the Government.
- U.S. Navy Distinguished Civilian Service Award
- 2020, Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” – Legal Services/Pro Bono
- 2019, Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” – Administrative Government
- 2016-2018, Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” – Legislative, Regulatory and Administrative
- 20101207: “Ensuring Compliance in a Post-GTSI Environment: Lessons for Small and Large Businesses,” hosted by Venable LLP,” hosted by Venable LLP
- 20130413: Government Contracts Symposium
- 20140410: Government Contracts Symposium