Odin, Feldman & Pittleman, P.C. represents Virginia employers of all sizes in all aspects of labor and employment law. Our attorneys provide counsel that is prompt, accurate, and tailored to help clients navigate through complex situations and advance the employer’s unique business interests.
Our philosophy emphasizes prevention rather than reaction – a lawsuit avoided is a personnel problem diminished or eliminated. This approach may even convert to a win-win for both employer and employee. We craft proactive plans that avert disruption in the workplace, improve employee relations, and allow the organization to remain focused on the business of moving forward.
Our attorneys provide the following services:
- Prepare benefits plans including IRS-approved Volume Submitter plans
- Defend suits brought under ERISA
- Defend Title VII, EEO and civil rights claims
- Advise and litigate on defense regarding employee claims, including wrongful discharge and sexual harassment
- Provide labor relations including maintenance of union-free workplace, decertification of unions, collective bargaining, grievance arbitrations, and defense against NLRB charges
- Train management in obtaining or maintaining a union-free environment
- Train management on human resources law, including equal employment opportunity and harassment
- Conduct workplace investigations, including investigations of harassment allegation and theft
- Analyze overtime compensation methods and review of FLSA exemption classifications
- Provide planning and risk management relating to downsizing, layoffs and other terminations
- Advise and negotiate executive compensation, employment agreements, severance and exit strategies
- Prepare and negotiation confidentiality and non-competition agreements
- Prepare and review employee handbooks and personnel policies
- Develop affirmative action plans and defend employers in OFCCP audits
Get to know our Labor & Employment attorneys by selecting from those pictured below and learn how we can help you.