With an established Virginia Health Care Law practice, Odin, Feldman & Pittleman’s attorneys represent medical and dental groups, individual physicians, dentists, podiatrists, chiropractors, veterinarians, nursing homes, and other health care providers in a broad range of complex health care related matters. Our attorneys have built deep and long-standing relationships with many of our health care clients and we are often considered part of their extended team.
The health care industry is constantly evolving, especially in light of health care reform that affects every major sector of the industry. Providers face a myriad of issues including regulatory compliance, antitrust violations, financial restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, privacy and security, and fraud and abuse. Our thorough understanding of the industry’s issues and environment, as well as an integrated approach that offers clients access to the firm’s full range of experience, enable us to take resourceful, cost-effective action that helps clients solve problems and capitalize on opportunities.
Our experience includes:
- Treatment and discharge of patients
- Acquisitions, divestitures, financing, construction and leasing of all types of health care related facilities
- Advanced directives, health care proxies/treatment decisions
- Affiliation and network agreements
- Ancillary provider agreements
- Business formation, corporate law and entity selection
- Business and corporate transactions
- Contract negotiation, contract enforcement and litigation
- HIPPA compliance programs/internal investigations
- Employment related issues including employment agreements; arbitrations; EEOC claims; ERISA; pre-interviewing, hiring, disciplining and termination of employees; and discrimination claims
- Managed care and third party payor agreements
- Medical and Dental Board investigations and actions
- Medical misconduct and discipline investigations and actions
- Shareholder and partnership agreements
- State and Federal regulatory compliance, licensing and administrative law
- State and Federal tax issues
Get to know our Health Care Law attorneys by selecting from those pictured below and learn how we can assist you.