Every business must offer some form of employee benefits to its employees, whether those benefits are a 401(k) savings plan, a section 125 “cafeteria plan,” or health care benefits. Thus, no business can escape the numerous and complex tax and regulatory laws governing the benefits provided to employees. Odin, Feldman & Pittleman’s attorneys help clients comply with these complex laws and provide practical, cost effective advice.
We represent employers, plan fiduciaries, investment advisors, and other service providers in matters arising under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), the Affordable Care Act – commonly called “Obamacare” – and the countless other laws affecting benefits that employers provide to their employees and retirees. We are an approved volume plan submitter to the Internal Revenue Service.
Our Employee Benefits & ERISA attorneys provide a wide range of services to clients, including the following:
- Designing qualified plans to comply with ERISA and the IRC for private and not-for profit employers
- Designing nonqualified plans to comply with the IRC, including stock appreciation rights plans and supplemental executive retirement plans
- Advising on the correction of plan operational errors under the Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System (EPCRS)
- Avoiding prohibited transactions under ERISA
- Advising fiduciaries on their standards of care
- Reviewing Qualified Domestic Relations Orders for compliance under the IRC
- Structuring employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs) for purposes of business succession planning
- Advising on integrating or terminating employee plans in connection with mergers or acquisitions
- Defending employers and fiduciaries in ERISA Litigation
Get to know our ERISA and Employee Benefits attorneys and learn how we may help you.