Reston law firm seeks a highly skilled Word Processor/Legal Secretary.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits package offered
Provide high-level administrative support by performing functions such as preparing correspondence and other documentation, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, maintaining positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff and observing confidentiality of client matters.
The requirements for this position include, but are not limited to, those outlined below. All job qualifications and physical requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ensure the accurate and efficient completion of all documents submitted for processing in the Word Processing Department (WP) to the satisfaction of attorneys and other users.
- Troubleshoot document and/or technical inquiries. Educate end users in features of Microsoft software they wish to learn.
- Perform extensive typing (from handwritten notes, Dictaphone tapes, digital dictation, or pre-typed drafts), formatting and revising legal documents.
- Answer electronic communications and phone calls, and direct them to appropriate parties or takes messages.
- Maintain calendar of meetings and business trips, reminding attorney of responsibilities in advance of commitments.
- Set up and maintain client, work, chronological and personal files.
- Coordinate conferences, meetings and appointments for attorneys and clients — including conference room scheduling, meals and preparation of materials.
- Proofread all documents to ensure accuracy of copy, grammar, punctuation and syntax as well as conformance to Firm formats.
- Input, proof and edit attorney or paralegal time records through timesheet entry system. Consolidate, edit and total time ensuring accuracy of input.
- Provide relief/coverage at the front desk when necessary – particularly at lunch and from 4 pm to 6 pm.
- Prepare and proof attorney bills prior to attorney approval.
- Two years of secretarial experience; or, a combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work effectively under stress, meet short deadlines, and work alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to coordinate multiple schedules and produce accurate work despite frequent interruptions.
- Knowledge of office procedures, clerical and recordkeeping operations, and the use of various office machines and software programs (e.g., Microsoft Office Applications, Orion, FileSite, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of the rules of English grammar and composition.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with minimum supervision.
- Ability to identify problems and implement recommended solutions; interpret and apply policies and procedures; deal diplomatically with the public; take responsibility and ownership of tasks; and use good judgment.
- Ability to key a minimum of 50 words to minute.
- Ability to learn and use new software programs as systems are upgraded.
The ideal candidate will exhibit attention to detail, possess superb organizational skills, self-starter with a professional demeanor and excellent grammatical and communication (written and verbal) skills. The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to maintain a high level of customer service. The candidate must also have excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and have a team-oriented attitude.
If you are looking to become part of a congenial/team-oriented workplace, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Odin, Feldman & Pittleman, P.C. maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity. All decisions related to employment are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classifications protected by applicable law. Our commitment to equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, benefits, compensation, working conditions, promotion, demotion, transfer, training, and termination.