Odin, Feldman & Pittleman PC, a full-service law firm in Reston, VA, seeks a bright, dynamic, self-starting Legal Secretary with at least 5 years of experience to support its Wills, Trust & Estates practice. Our growing, collegial firm emphasizes challenging work for our employees in a team-oriented environment.
Our ideal candidate must possess excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and experience using software or technology based programs necessary in the day-to-day operations of this practice group. You will have significant client contact, so professional communication skills are critical, as well as a solid grasp of English grammar, composition, editing, and writing You will apply these skills as you draft correspondence and help revise and edit transactional documents, creating tables of contents and authorities; converting PDF documents to Word, then formatting and proofreading with ease; creating PowerPoint presentations; and working on Excel documents (MS 365 Suite).
- High school diploma and a minimum of 2 years of legal secretarial experience preferably in wills, trusts and estates or another transactional practice group; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Highly organized, self-starter, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work effectively under pressure at times, meet short deadlines, and work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to support multiple attorneys and coordinate multiple appointments and schedules to produce accurate work despite frequent interruptions in a fast paced work environment.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and interpersonal skills with a team-oriented attitude.
- Minimum intermediate experience with Microsoft 365 Office Suite and ability to learn and use new software programs as required. Direct experience using any e-Notary or DocuSign a plus.
- Revise and proofread documents to ensure accuracy of copy, grammar, punctuation and syntax.
- Set up and maintain client files, to include documentation obtained from clients and opposing counsel.
For more than four decades, the attorneys of Odin, Feldman & Pittleman have shared a passion for the law and a commitment to collaborating with clients to find creative and cost-effective solutions for their legal matters. Many of our attorneys have spent most, if not all, of their careers at Odin, Feldman & Pittleman, defining their respective areas of practice and aligning their practice with their passions. Find the rest of your career with us.
Please email cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Principals only, no recruiters please. Visit our website at www.ofplaw.com for more details about our Firm. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Odin, Feldman & Pittleman, P.C. maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity. All decisions related to employment are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classifications protected by applicable law. Our commitment to equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, benefits, compensation, working conditions, promotion, demotion, transfer, training, and termination.