Odin, Feldman & Pittleman PC, a full-service law firm in Reston, VA, seeks a bright, dynamic, self-starting Legal Secretary with at least 2 years of experience in litigation to support its Family Law/Divorce practice. Our growing, collegial firm emphasizes challenging work for our employees in a team-oriented environment.
Our ideal candidate must possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a propensity for software or technology based programs necessary in the day-to-day operations of our Family Law/Divorce practice group. You will have significant client contact, so professional communication skills, patience and empathy are critical, as well as a solid grasp of English grammar, composition, editing, and writing. You will apply these skills as you proofread and draft correspondence, draft simple pleadings, communicate with clients and attorneys, keep track of litigation scheduling, order transcripts and maintain attorneys’ calendars.
- High school diploma and a minimum of 2 years of legal secretarial experience preferably in family law/divorce or litigation; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Highly organized, self-starter, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work effectively under pressure at times, meet short deadlines, and work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to support multiple attorneys and coordinate multiple appointments and schedules to produce accurate work despite frequent interruptions in a fast paced work environment.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and interpersonal skills with a team-oriented attitude.
- Minimum intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn and use new software programs as required.
- Revise and proofread documents to ensure accuracy of copy, grammar, punctuation and syntax.
- Set up and maintain client files, to include documentation obtained from clients and opposing counsel.
- Must take pride in your work and aspire to grow within a reputable law firm.
For more than four decades, the attorneys of Odin, Feldman & Pittleman have shared a passion for the law and a commitment to collaborating with clients to find creative and cost-effective solutions for their legal matters. Many of our attorneys have spent most, if not all, of their careers at Odin, Feldman & Pittleman, defining their respective areas of practice and aligning their practice with their passions. Find the rest of your career with us.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals only, no recruiters please.
Odin, Feldman & Pittleman, P.C. maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity. All decisions related to employment are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classifications protected by applicable law. Our commitment to equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, benefits, compensation, working conditions, promotion, demotion, transfer, training, and termination.