Reston law firm seeks a highly skilled Floater Secretary.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits package offered
Provide high-level administrative support by performing functions such as preparing correspondence and other documentation, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, maintaining positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff and observing confidentiality of client matters.
The requirements for this position include, but are not limited to, those outlined below. All job qualifications and physical requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Handle all tasks associated with covering secretarial desks throughout the Firm when absences occur. Assist with overflow work, cover the receptionist desk, and respond to other requests as assigned.
- Prepare reports, memos, letters and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Answer electronic communications and phone calls, and direct them to appropriate parties or takes messages.
- Set up and maintain client, work, chronological and personal files.
- Transcribe and revise tapes and handwritten materials generated by assigned attorneys or others in the Firm as requested.
- Proofread all documents to ensure accuracy of copy, grammar, punctuation and syntax as well as conformance to Firm formats.
- Maintain client lists, either manual or computerized.
- Serve as a Notary Public for the Commonwealth of Virginia (Firm pays all associated costs). Notarize documents for any attorney or client as needed and maintains required notarial journal.
- Input, proof and edit attorney or paralegal time records through timesheet entry system. Consolidate, edit and total time ensuring accuracy of input.
- Prepare and proof attorney bills prior to attorney approval.
- High school diploma
- Two years of secretarial experience; or, a combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- Microsoft 2010 Office Suite, PDF Converter, Adobe, and document management systems
- Knowledge of office procedures, clerical and recordkeeping operations, and the use of various office machines and software programs (e.g., Microsoft Office Applications, Orion, FileSite, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of the rules of English grammar and composition.
- Ability to key a minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Ability to learn and use new software programs as systems are upgraded.
- Legal experience is a plus.
The ideal candidate will exhibit attention to detail, possess superb organizational skills, self-starter with a professional demeanor and excellent grammatical and communication (written and verbal) skills. The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to maintain a high level of customer service. The candidate must also have excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and have a team-oriented attitude.
If you are looking to become part of a congenial/team-oriented workplace, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Odin, Feldman & Pittleman, P.C. maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity. All decisions related to employment are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classifications protected by applicable law. Our commitment to equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, benefits, compensation, working conditions, promotion, demotion, transfer, training, and termination.