Provide high-level administrative support by performing functions such as preparing correspondence and other documentation, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, maintaining positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff and observing confidentiality of client matters.
The requirements for this position include, but are not limited to, those outlined below:
- Handle all tasks associated with covering secretarial desks throughout the Firm when absences occur and assist with overflow work.
- Answer electronic communications and phone calls, and direct them to appropriate parties or takes messages.
- Prepare reports, memos, letters and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Transcribe and revise tapes and handwritten materials generated by assigned attorneys or others in the Firm as requested.
- Provide relief/coverage at the front desk when necessary – particularly at lunch and from 4 pm to 6 pm.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all documents submitted for processing in the Word Processing Department (WP) to the satisfaction of attorneys and other users.
- Serve as a Notary Public for the Commonwealth of Virginia (Firm pays all associated costs).
- Notarize documents for any attorney or client as needed and maintains required notarial journal.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work effectively under stress, meet short deadlines, and work alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to coordinate multiple schedules and produce accurate work despite frequent interruptions in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and interpersonal skills with a team-oriented attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with knowledge of the rules of English grammar, composition, editing and proofreading.
- Self-starter with the ability to perform assigned duties with minimum supervision.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office 365 Suite, Orion, FileSite a plus. Must have excellent Adobe Acrobat DC skills.
- Legal experience is a plus.
High school diploma and two years of secretarial/administrative experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred with a combination of applicable experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only, no recruiters.
Odin, Feldman & Pittleman, P.C. maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity. All decisions related to employment are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classifications protected by applicable law. Our commitment to equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, benefits, compensation, working conditions, promotion, demotion, transfer, training, and termination.