From his many years of experience, John Wisiackas brings a high level of professionalism and practical insights to benefit a client’s legal and business issues. He advises businesses and professionals on appropriate business entity formation, employment and shareholder agreements, non-qualified deferred compensation, and stock option plans. He has also participated in the sale, acquisition, and merger of businesses, from small businesses and health care practices to large corporations valued in excess of $100 million, and included stock sales to ESOPs.
John is a founding member of the Healthcare Business Alliance (HCBA). HCBA is an organization which provides business support for health care professionals in the Washington, D.C. region.
John has received an AV Rating, the highest rating given by Martin-dale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ for his legal ability and general ethical standards. He has also been selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2015-2020 Best Lawyers in America® listings for Business Organizations and listed among Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” in Health Law eleven times.
- J.D., The George Washington University, 1973
- A.B., Duke University, 1970
- District of Columbia
- Business / Corporate
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Health Care
- Employee Benefits
- Deferred Compensation
- Stock Options
- AV Preeminent® Peer Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- 2015-2020, The Best Lawyers in America® – Lawyer of the Year for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- 2015 – 2019, The Best Lawyers in America® – Business Organizations
- 2006-2017, Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” – Health Law
- American Bar Association
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Healthcare Business Alliance
- Founder and General Counsel