Russ Forno brings more than 15 years of experience as a Land Use Planner, including work as a Planner with Loudoun County and the City of Fairfax, Interim Director of Planning & Zoning for the Town of Purcellville, as well as a developer consultant in the private industry. His expertise includes complex, multi-million dollar projects in the Commercial, Residential, Mass Transit and Telecommunications fields.
Russ’ background gives him a comprehensive perspective of real estate development projects. A capable problem solver, he relies not only on his knowledge of zoning and land design, but also on his keen relationship skills that allow him to resolve – and sometimes avoid – complicated land entitlement issues.
- Master of Urban and Regional Planning, University of Queensland, Australia
- B.A., Geography, Sociology and Anthropology, Carleton University, Canada
- Land Use Entitlements including Development Feasibility, Zoning, Subdivision Design & Rendering, Special Permitting, Community Consultation, Bonding & Release
- Real Estate Development
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Town of Purcellville Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
- Vice Chair
- Loudoun County Economic Development Advisory Commission
- Purcellville Skate Park, Board Member