Jenn Crane is a trusts and estates attorney who focuses her practice on special needs and elder law. She brings a unique blend of compassion, dedication, and responsiveness to the clients she serves.
Upon graduating from Catholic University’s Columbus School of Law, Jenn clerked for the Honorable Zinora Mitchell-Rankin of D.C. Superior Court. She entered into private practice in 2007.
Jenn is a member of the National and Virginia Academies of Elder Law Attorneys. In 2022, Jenn was awarded the Accredited Estate Planner Designation (AEP®) by The National Association of Estate Planners and Councils, a graduate-level specialization that recognizes educated, knowledgeable, experienced, and ethical estate planning professionals. In 2023, she was named a member of the Special Needs Alliance. Membership in the SNA is selective and competitive and is extended by invitation only. Attorneys must meet specific criteria to ensure that SNA clients are served with the utmost professionalism and compassion. Criteria include a minimum number of years of practice in the special needs area and proven involvement with disability advocacy organizations.
When Jenn isn’t working, her favorite place is with her husband, five children, and the greatest dogs on the planet, no matter where that place is.
- J.D., The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, 2006
- B.A., magna cum laude, Mount St. Mary's College, 2003
- District of Columbia
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law/Special Needs
- Trust, Estate and Fiduciary Litigation
- Special Needs Children, Public Benefits, and the Family Law Practitioner with Elizabeth L. Gray, Esq. ( April 1, 2022 )
- Guardianship and Conservatorship Law, Fairfax Co. Circuit Court Manual, Contributing Author ( June 3, 2010 )
- "War as its Own Justification," Journal of Political Theology ( March 15, 2005 )
- "Bombing and Protecting the Innocent in War: Vietnam as a Case Study," National Journal of Theta Alpha Kappa ( January 15, 2003 )
- 2022, Virginia Business magazine's "Legal Elite" -- Trusts/Estates/Taxes
- Accredited Estate Planner® (AEP®) designation awarded by the National Association of Estate Planners and Councils
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Editor, NAELA Journal
- Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Special Needs Alliance