Julia Henry (formerly known as Julia Gravely), focuses her practice on the development and administration of trusts and estates, with particular attention to the unique needs and challenges of each individual client’s situation. The combination of her education, experience as an attorney and entrepreneur, and compassionate nature allows Julia to give her clients skilled and cutting edge legal counsel while also helping them to navigate the understandably emotional aspects of this area of the law.
Prior to joining Odin, Feldman & Pittleman, P.C., Julia developed her practice in estate planning and administration as an estate planning attorney in Southwestern Virginia, where she enjoyed serving a broad range of clients with diverse needs. Before joining her first law firm, Julia also served as a summer law clerk to the Honorable Catherine Eagles of the Middle District of North Carolina.
During law school, Julia gained invaluable hands-on experience as a member of the Elder Law Clinic of Wake Forest University where she served as an advocate for low-income seniors who needed legal assistance with issues including estate planning, debtor’s rights, guardianship situations, incapacity and long-term care planning, and Medicaid eligibility.
J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 2012
- Wake Forest Elder Law Clinic
- Wake Forest Law Litigation Clinic
- Editorial Assistant, Wake Forest University Law Review
- Class Representative, Wake Forest Law Honor Council
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award
B.A., English and Music, College of William and Mary, 2008
- Member of Concert Choir and Women’s Chorus
- North Carolina
- Estate Planning
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Trust Administration
- Business Organizations
- Virginia State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- The Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (VAELA)
- The National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)