Thorough, responsive, and practical, Don Goldrosen understands his clients’ goals and objectives and strives to get deals done in the most timely and cost effective manner possible. Don has been practicing real estate law for over 30 years and he focuses on preparing and negotiating contracts for the purchase and sale of raw land, subdivided residential lots, office buildings, and other commercial properties. He also reviews and negotiates loan documentation for acquisition, development, and construction loans. Don joined Odin, Feldman & Pittleman, P.C. as the head of the Real Estate and Land Use practice in 2006 after spending over twenty years at Hazel & Thomas, and later at Reed Smith. Don served as head of Reed Smith’s International Real Estate Group during his last three years at the firm.
Don has extensive experience representing clients in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, including builders, developers, and property owners in all aspects of land acquisition, financing, development, and the purchase and sale of commercial properties as well as properties for residential projects. He also represents property owners in structuring Section 1031 tax-deferred exchanges for their properties.
In 2006, Don was selected as one of Greater Washington’s Legal Elite for Real Estate by Washington SmartCEO magazine. He was recognized among Virginia’s 2008 and 2013 “Legal Elite” by Virginia Business magazine, and most recently was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers of America® 2016 and 2017 for Real Estate Law.
- J.D., Villanova University School of Law, 1982
- B.S., Accounting, University of Delaware, 1979
All aspects of Real Estate Transactions, Development and Financing including:
- Development of commercial / residential properties
- Land acquisition and sales
- Review & negotiation of loan documentation for acquisition, development and construction loans
- Review & negotiation of contracts for purchase and sale of raw land, subdivided residential lots, office buildings and other commercial properties
- Structuring Section 1031 tax-deferred exchanges
- Northern Virginia Building Industry Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- AV Preeminent® Peer Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2013-2017 – Real Estate
- Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” 2008 and 2013 – Real Estate and Land Use
- Listed Among Greater Washington’s Legal Elite by Washington SmartCEO magazine in 2006 for Real Estate