Growing up in a family of real estate builders and developers helped Amber Burke develop a unique understanding of the skills and flexibility required to balance competing goals when negotiating the business aspects of real estate transactions and development. Amber also has extensive experience interpreting land use and zoning law, which she believes is fundamental to developing and utilizing a piece of real estate. This enables her to provide better advice to her clients involved in real estate transactions.
Amber utilizes this understanding in her practice representing Northern Virginia builders, developers, and property owners in the sale and acquisition of real estate, due diligence and title and survey review and analysis, and in all aspects of real estate transactions and development.
Amber was included among Virginia Business Magazine’s “Legal Elite” listing in 2013 and 2015, and she was selected for inclusion as a 2015 Virginia and Washington D.C. Super Lawyers Rising Star.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 2006
- B.P.A. (Bachelor of Public Administration), Texas State University, 2003
- Real Estate Transactional Law
- Real Estate Development
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Real estate transactions, including contracts, due diligence and title and survey review and analysis, development agreements, leases
- Rezoning, special exception and special permit applications
- Zoning and subdivision issues, including zoning interpretations, zoning determinations, proffer interpretations, zoning appeals and non-conforming use/grandfather issues
- Site development, bond reduction and release
- Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” – Young Lawyer (2013), Real Estate (2015)
- 2015 Virginia Super Lawyers – Rising Star – Real Estate
- 2015 Washington D.C. Super Lawyers – Rising Star – Real Estate
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Loudoun County All Stars, Inc. Board Member
- Active in church