Growing up in a family of real estate builders and developers influenced Amber Burke’s profound understanding of the finesse required to balance competing goals while negotiating the business aspects of real estate development. She believes that being able to interpret land use and zoning laws is fundamental to developing and utilizing a piece of real estate, which allows her to provide better advice to her clients involved in real estate transactions.
Amber’s practice focuses on representing Northern Virginia builders, developers, and property owners in the sale and acquisition of real estate, due diligence and title review and analysis, and all aspects of real estate transactions and development. She also deals with land use and zoning, nonconforming use issues, and assists with site development, bond reduction, and release.
Amber was included among Virginia Business Magazine’s “Legal Elite” listing in 2013 and 2015, and she was selected for inclusion as a 2015 Virginia and Washington D.C. Super Lawyers Rising Star.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 2006
- B.P.A. (Bachelor of Public Administration), Texas State University, 2003
- Real estate transactions, including contracts, due diligence and title review and analysis, development agreements, leases
- Rezoning, special exception and special permit applications
- Zoning and subdivision issues, including zoning interpretations, zoning determinations, proffer interpretations, zoning appeals and non-conforming use/grandfather issues
- Site development, bond reduction and release
- Real Estate Transactional Law
- Real Estate Development
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” – Young Lawyer (2013), Real Estate (2015)
- 2015 Virginia Super Lawyers – Rising Star – Real Estate
- 2015 Washington D.C. Super Lawyers – Rising Star – Real Estate
- Loudoun County All Stars, Inc. Board Member
- Dogwood Elementary School Mentor