Floater Legal Assistant/Backup Word Processor
Reston law firm seeks a highly skilled Floater Legal Assistant/Backup Word Processor.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits package offered
- This position primarily provides floating secretarial support to attorneys and paralegals in different practice areas.
- The job also entails high-level proficiency in word processing; providing support at secretarial stations; giving computer and problem-solving help to attorneys, paralegals, secretaries and support staff; and prioritizing the flow of work in and out of the Word Processing Department.
- Produce, format and revise complex legal documents and/or statistical reports with minimal supervision.
- Processing documents in a multi-software environment; editing and proofreading legal documents; converting and formulating documents from Adobe PDF to Microsoft Word; converting and formulating Excel data; and assisting other staff members throughout the Firm.
- High school diploma.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related word processing/secretarial experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft 2010 Office Suite, PDF Converter, Adobe, and document management systems
- Legal experience is a plus.
The ideal candidate will exhibit attention to detail, possess superb organizational skills, self-starter with a professional demeanor and excellent grammatical and communication (written and verbal) skills. The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to maintain a high level of customer service. The candidate must also have excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and have a team-oriented attitude.
If you are looking to become part of a congenial/team-oriented workplace, please e-mail your resume and cover letter with salary history to email@example.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.