Matthew R. Keller
Matthew Keller is an associate in the firm’s Government Contract Law practice group. Matthew’s practice is focused on representation of government contractors, including federal and state procurement counseling, statutory and regulatory interpretation and application, and contract formation and administration for both government contractors and subcontractors.
Upon graduation from the Virginia Military Institute in 2000, Matthew was commissioned a Second Lieutenant in the United States Air Force. He was first assigned to Dyess Air Force Base where he was a Contracting Officer and Contract Administrator. He was next assigned to the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center at Los Angeles Air Force Base. There he worked as a Contract Negotiator on various systems and was the Executive Officer to the Director of Contracting.
Matthew is a veteran of two overseas deployments. In 2002 he was deployed to Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina where he served as the Chief of NATO Construction and Engineering Contracts at the NATO Stabilisation Force Headquarters. He deployed again in 2006 to Kirkuk, Iraq where he was the Chief of Contracts at Kirkuk Regional Air Base.
In law school Matthew held internships at each branch of the federal government including an internship with Judge Loren A. Smith at the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, which adjudicates contract disputes between the federal government and federal government contractors. Additionally he was president of the Government Contract Law Student Association, Vice-President of the Communications Law Student Association, and Law Student Liaison to the American Bar Association Section of Public Contract Law.
- Government Contract Law
Education & Background
- J.D., cum laude, The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, 2010
- B.A., Economics and Business, Virginia Military Institute, 2000
- Acquisition Professional Development Program (APDP) Level II, Contracting
- Certificate in Communication Law Studies
- American Bar Association Section of Public Contract Law, Young Lawyers Committee, Vice Chair
- Fairfax Bar Association
- National Contract Management Association
Admitted to Practice
- The United States Court of Federal Claims
- The United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Commonwealth of Virginia
|Government Contract Law|