Pamela M. Buskirk
Pamela Buskirk is a principal in the Trust, Estate & Tax Planning practice group. Her practice focuses on estate and tax planning and related matters involving wills, trusts, the gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer taxes, and the administration of estates and trusts. Ms. Buskirk counsels clients on charitable giving, wealth preservation, business continuation and succession planning, and the formation of family limited partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations and other various entities.
Ms. Buskirk is a Certified Public Accountant with several years of experience at a large public accounting firm, where she performed financial audits of publicly traded companies and not-for-profit organizations. After leaving public accounting, she worked at a litigation consulting firm where she provided forensic accounting services to companies being investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Department of Justice.
- Trusts & Estates
- J.D., Wake Forest University, 2007
- B.S., University of Virginia, 1999
- Virginia State Bar
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Certified Public Accountant, Virginia
- "IRS Beneficiary Designations Stretch or Shorten Payout Period," Estate Planning Journal, Vol. 38 No. 2
- Inheriting an IRA: An Overview of the Distribution Rules for IRA Accounts (VSB Trusts and Estates Newsletter, Winter 2008)
Admitted to Practice:
- United States Tax Court
|Trust, Estate & Tax Planning|