Richard A. Gray
Richard Gray is a principal of the firm in the Family Law & Domestic Relations practice group. He has been practicing family law and domestic relations for 24 years in three jurisdictions. He also has extensive experience as a trial lawyer in criminal law and civil litigation.
Mr. Gray's primary practice area is Domestic Relations and Family Law litigation including all aspects of custody, visitation, child and spousal support, business valuation, property valuation and division and equitable distribution of property. He also prepares premarital and post-nuptial agreements and develops Guardianships and Conservatorships for juvenile and incapacitated adults.
Mr. Gray is trained as a Collaborative Law attorney to assist clients to resolve domestic disputes without the necessity of litigation in a teaming environment with other trained professionals including child specialists, therapists and financial planners
Mr. Gray has had extensive mediation training at The Northern Virginia Mediation and
Mr. Gray concentrates his Family Law trial practice in the various circuits courts and juvenile and domestic relations district courts throughout Northern Virginia including Alexandria City, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Prince William County and Loudoun County.
Mr. Gray has received an AV rating, the highest rating granted by Martindale-Hubble based on an objective peer review. Also, he was named among Virginia Business magazine's "Legal Elite" in 2009. He was selected for inclusion in 2006, 2007, and 2012 Virginia Super Lawyers Family Law section, and 2007 and 2008 Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers.
Mr. Gray is a contributing author to the Virginia Divorce & Custody Law Blog (www.virginiadivorceandcustodylaw.com). Prior to joining Odin, Feldman & Pittleman, Mr. Gray practiced for 12 years at his own firm.
- Domestic Relations Litigation
- Custody and visitation
- Spousal and Child Support
- Post-Divorce modification of custody, visitation and support
- Equitable Distribution
- Petition for Determination of Paternity
- Marital and Property Settlement Agreements
- Premarital Agreements
- Enforcement of Agreements
- J.D., New England School of Law, 1987
- M.A., Psychology, George Mason University, 1975
- B.S., Psychology, Old Dominion University, 1973
- Virginia Bar Association
Fairfax Bar Association
- Board Member
- Board Member, Family Law Section
Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Family Law Section
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML)
- Co-chair of the Virginia Chapter of the AAML
- Free & Accepted Masons
- Rotary Club of Vienna, Va.
Admitted to Practice:
- District of Columbia
- Massachusetts (inactive)
- New Hampshire (inactive)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for The Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for The District of New Hampshire
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for New Hampshire
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for Massachusetts
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for The Eastern District of Virginia
|Family Law & Domestic Relations|