Odin, Feldman & Pittleman’s Labor and Employment lawyers regularly counsel corporate clients on structuring employment actions and personnel policies at each phase of the employment relationship from recruiting to interviewing and hiring to streamlining the workforce and termination.
Our attorneys routinely advise and train managers and supervisors in the following:
- Addressing substance abuse in the workplace
- Collective bargaining
- Developing overtime compensation methods and proper classification of exempt employees
- Documenting employment actions
- Handling grievances under collective bargaining agreements
- Interviewing do’s and don’t’s
- Maintaining a union-free workplace
- Managing and counseling “problem” employees
- Preventing workplace violence
- Properly classifying independent contractors
- Understanding Equal Employment Opportunity laws and avoiding discrimination claims
- Understanding FMLA leave and accommodations for medical conditions
By teaming with our clients’ human resources and operations executives, we suggest strategies for risk management and enhanced worker productivity.